What is SEO?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is a category of marketing activities designed to attract more visitors to your site from search engines, by increasing the organic ranking position of your pages when a user searches for something related to your business.
When we think about improving SEO, we think of it like improving one’s health. It’s not just one thing that you do, or buy.
There are a few important pillars of a solid SEO foundation, like your keyword strategy, content quality and technical website features that all need to attention to get the best results. Just like sleep, exercise and good nutrition will all improve your total health. You can work on them separately, but they work best when improving them all at the same time.
SEO strategy and techniques
There are several schools of thought about SEO. Long story short, we believe that the best results are the ones designed to solve real people’s real problems. That means we don’t do SEO work for SEO’s sake.
We believe Google is on that same mission, to provide the user with exactly what they were search for (even if they didn’t ask for it “correctly”).
SEO tactics come and go — (so many algorithm changes we know them by name). But solid marketing strategy that is designed for humans won’t stop producing results with the next Google update.
Local Business SEO
- Get your local business into the Google Maps section of the Search Results and optimize your company’s information across all local business aggregators like Yelp, Bing & Acxiom.
New Website Setups and Website Migrations
- Are you planning on launching a new website? A thorough SEO preparation plan with site structure map, keyword research and a content strategy can speed up the development of your content and ensure a great return on the organic traffic it will generate.
- If you have recently migrated your site to a new domain or platform and have seen a drop in organic traffic, we can investigate the root cause and develop a plan to regain the lost traffic and identified net new traffic opportunities.
Content Strategy & Traffic Optimization
- Our content strategy plans include identifying the top ranking opportunities for your target keywords and developing the necessary content assets. Depending on the level of competition, we will do targeted promotion of your content to gain new referrals and links, driving your organic rankings and traffic higher in the process.
SEO Website Audit
- If you aren’t sure where to start and what the source of your traffic problems is, we can do a complete review of your site for content, SEO and user experience, to provide a report of our findings and recommendations.
- A website audit is a common starting place for our clients, followed by implementing the recommendations and beginning an on going traffic optimization plan (Content generation & on page SEO).
How to get SEO work done?
Our SEO work is performed “in house” (we’re a remote agency) by our staff.
How can SEO help your business?
Small business SEO